March 30, 2010

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

After 23 years, my car and I are parting ways. My husband was kind enough to buy me a new car, a new, white, station wagon, in fact. The sad part is that we cannot insure or use three cars. As a tribute to my car I have some photos catalogued from the last 23 years; starting with the Summer of 1987 when my family picked up the car, brand new, at the Volvo factory in Sweden!

The Volvo has taken my family on a two-month road trip all over Europe, to a cross-country family road trip and another cross country road trip with my best friend when I was 18. I've seen 46 states, many of those with the Volvo!

I am happy to report that the car is still running great and will get a new home!










Sweden, 1987














Germany, 1987










School Picnic, Arcata, 1988















Our home in Eureka, 1989








Monument Valley Utah, 1990











Amity, Arkansas 2000










Stuck in a Tahoe Blizzard, 2001

















Family Camping, 1997


Girls' Weekend, 2010

No comments: