April 17, 2011

A Neglected Floor Sleeper

It isn't easy trying to make food for Riley, bathe her and feed and keep Ali happy at the same time. I was tending to Ali when I heard the familiar splash of "Lastings Spillage" (Riley's long-standing tub persona).

The sound of water being dumped by the teapot-load, from the tub was worrisome. Knowing that our flood policy probably doesn't cover bathtub-toddler-angst and that I just re-caulked the tub surround, I had to abandon a needy Ali and rush to grab towels, lots of towels.

I mopped up the floor, picked up toys and was getting big sister dressed, when I realized my little fusser had quickly fallen asleep, tummy down on her pile of blankets and toys. Reminding me of the old days when we first tried tummy time, only to realize that a lazy baby is happy to sleep in any position and she wasn't going to be fooled into exercising.

Like most cute things, this nap was a short-lived 15 minutes.

No comments: