January 21, 2012

Leaving Las Vegas

 It took over 13 hours to travel home from our annual girls' weekend. This time I foolishly took along both of my girls and although it was really wonderful, it was also fraught with challenges. Mainly, poor Ali felt pretty miserable the entire trip. At one point she vomited all over me when we were north of Bakersfield and it was such a mess to clean up (with four more hours on the road after that point, over four hours until we could both get home and clean up).

Anyways, the girls really enjoyed stopping in Barstow and running around like mad in the cold, sunny desert. As always, I had control of only one girl at a time. At any given point I will expend energy on one of the girls and look the other way and see that the other girly is running or crawling far away. luckily I corralled everyone into the car after each of these stops, thanks to Auntie Michele's invaluable help!



No comments: