December 2, 2011

This is not the face of reason

So here are a few of the latest Riley-isms.

Unfortunately "shut up" has become a thing. We're not happy about that one. One the flip side we also get "peease!" and "thank you". I'm so excited about that!

After our thanksgiving meal, Riley and Ali were playing music on my parents' grand piano, Riley was trying to physically dissuade Ali from touching the keys (and messing up Ri's music masterpiece) and Ri really wanted to play music and have the baby provide the entertainment, so while playing the piano she tells baby "dance BABY! Dance!". Expecting baby to oblige and dance like a well-trained monkey. It was really sweet to see them both dancing a bit and clunking away on the piano together.

Tonight ri was asking me to draw "nine" on her drawing pad. She would hand me a blue crayon and ask for a "blue nine" and point (again directing me on what to do). Then she told me that my nine was a "baby nine" because it was small and asked that I draw a "dad nine". Many, many nines later I suggest that SHE draw a nine. She made a few attempts and was obviously irritated by how they were turning out and she stopped before she came close to finishing the shape. She also liked a well-shaded drawing of a spoon I drew with crayons and leaned into the paper and made slurping sounds to pretend that she was drinking from the spoon. So silly!

Lastly, we often ask Riley to pick up her books or toys or cars. We often have a fun activity planned for post-clean-up work. Unfortunately she suddenly went from the helpful and perfectionist picker upper and is now a bit lazy. She replies with an exuberant decree saying "no, it's YOUR turn! " then she will up the ante and start to count "1....2....mom, your turn", as if she is planning to put on of us on a time out.


Here's are some theist pics. Ri is wearing a dress that I wore when I was her age and was thrilled to ride another carousel!




No comments: